Joe's at work with me today. He's had a rough last few days and it's snowing outside and I didn't want to leave him at home by himself. So, I packed him up along with an oxygen tank, his breakfast and lunch and brought him to work with me. There's something to be said about peace of mind and at least I can get my work done without worrying about him.
I got him an appointment scheduled for this coming Friday to have his high blood sugar and urine output checked out. Even with me guarding the kitchen and administering the correct amount of bedtime insulins, his blood sugar is high in the mornings.
Yesterday was another unusual day. I took Joe to have a chest x-ray done, at the request of Dr. Neff, and nothing was found. I think they were looking for an infection or something pre-bronchitis like. Then I took him to the office with me until time for his Monday dialysis. When we arrived and were waiting for him to be called in, he started having oxygen problems again. His fingernails and lips started turning blue just like they had last Friday at the conclusion of his dialysis session. They took him on back and started him on oxygen. I had had a portable tank he had been using but found out it was only good for about an hour and we'd been gone from home much longer than that.
Joe's having real problems with his urination now. I think he changed into a new diaper at least eight times and he was up and done several times in the bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment