Last night I finally got some real sleep in my own home - not my own bed, rather on an inflatable queen-sized mattress, but at least in my own home. It was the first in a very long time and I almost feel like a new woman. It was also the first morning in a long time that I didn't wake up to any type of drama. There was no mess to clean up of any shape, form or fashion. Nothing to sweep up, wipe up, soak up, vacuum up, etc. I really think I must have died and gone to heaven today! I know this all sounds so melodramatic, but when you constantly live with the dread of what you might see when you get out of bed, I'll take a dull morning any day. After the two recent episodes of rug cleaning, I had to make a change in how to sleep. So, now I'm sleeping in the living room, on the inflatable mattress, near the kitchen.
Joe only got up one time to use the bathroom and didn't make any attempt to enter into the living room or into the kitchen. I'd like to think that he understands that he won't make much headway if he tried to and that he knows I am serious about keeping him out of the kitchen. He hasn't even tried to cross over the baby gate in the hallway.
This was the second night of sleeping on the floor. Night one didn't go so well as my mattress seemed to slowly lose its air throughout the night and I was finally forced to finish out my sleep on the couch. It's great for naps, but not for full-blown sleep. Then when it was time to wake Joe up, I found that he had soaked his side of the bed. Apparently he'd slept so soundly he hadn't gotten up enough to use the bathroom. Now I'll have to make sure that there is always a pad under the sheet on his side of the bed AND find me one of those waterproof mattress covers. (Note: I did find a waterproof mattress cover. But, after having to wash it multiple times, that's when I started placing a pad on top of the mattress cover as well).
Did I mention that I will be sleeping on the floor until I can have some type of resolution to making the kitchen off limits to Joe - particularly at night? I talked to Leonard Landlord about a door for the kitchen - a half door. He said he'd be getting on to that as soon as possible, but he's leaving for California for several days and I want my bed. So, I called Cordell Home Teacher, gave him the measurements and we'll see what happens and how quickly. Soon, I hope. I miss my bed with the open window and darkness.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment