Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tomato Soup Morning



So here I sit at 2:42 a.m. researching on the internet how to get tomato soup out of very light-colored carpet.  I've been up for the last 42+ minutes trying to remove it out using my little carpet cleaner with a limited amount of success.

I had awakened again to find Joe not in bed.  I'd already gotten up around 12:30 a.m. to see where he was and caught him coming out of the bathroom after finishing a shower.  Why had he showered, I wanted to know?  He said he thought it had been time to do so, he said.  I reminded him that he was NOT to do any showering when I was not awake.  Did he want to fall again?  He assured me he wouldn't do it again and would be to bed shortly.  About an hour later, when I woke up again and realized he wasn't in the bed, that's when I discovered why he'd actually taken a shower.

That's when I found what I initially thought blood on the carpet heading from the kitchen to the living room to his chair.  My next sight was seeing him passed out asleep on the couch with his arm dangling over the edge.  My first thought and reaction was that he'd somehow bled to death and I began screaming his name.  He woke up.

After putting him into bed, I went to find out whad had happened.  I discovered that Joe had opened up a can of tomato soup with rice and vegetables and also a large can of spaghetti sauce.  For some reason he mixed half a can of each into a bowl, threw the other half into the trashcan and apparently was going to eat the soup sitting in his chair in front of the television.

It was on his way to the chair that he spilled the soup.

2 1/2 hrs. later I finally had the carpet cleaned and crawled back into bed about 4:30 to catch some sleep before having to get up for work.

No comments: