I lost Joe in Walmart today. I had gone in to buy some last minute items for the trip. Joe went to the bathroom and I waited outside until he came out. I then gave him some money to go down to Subway to buy him a drink. We had decided together which bench he should come sit on and wait for me to check out. We had touched the bench, he knew where it was and I thought he totally understand to come to that bench and sit and stay until I came and got him.
When I came to the register to checkout, he wasn't there. I had someone go check into the men's restroom - he wasn't there. I walked down to the Subway - he wasn't there. Then the store paging his name began over and over. I started feeling desparate. Where could he be? Where could he have gone? What had happened to him? Store personnel began looking for him throughout the store. I knew he shouldn't/couldn't have gone out to the car - it was locked. I finally told someone that I was going out to the car and put my purchased items in it and would be right back. The store was on the verge of locking the doors and calling the police. On the way out the store, I found Joe. There sat Joe sitting outside the store - never hearing the page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment