Monday, November 19, 2012

Random Thoughts

- I was driving to work yesterday when I heard the sound of an ambulance siren. I had to pull over to the side of the street to let it pass. As it did, a wave of sadness swept over me and I began to cry. How many times had one made a visit to my home? And then I remembered following an ambulance that last final time. It's these little moments of reality that knock me back a step or two.

- Sleep has once again taken a new turn. I find myself staying up until unbelievable hours of the morning. And, when I finally do force myself into bed, my mind won't shut off and I realize I'm thinking about the oddest things - things I haven't thought about for years or just playing things over and over in my mind. It was on one of these nights that I realized that my relationship with Joe was exactly eight years from the time we met until the time of his death.

- I have come to realize how insensitive people can be sometimes when it comes to death - more exactly the insensitivity of what people have said to me. And the most hurtful things have more than often come from some family members.

- I don't share my feelings with others like I used to. I am trying to move on inwardly when I feel my loss and sorrow. I've done so much reading about grief since Joe's passing. I've done lots of praying. I've been trying to understand how I should be healing and reacting and as far as I can tell, I'm normal?

No comments: