Oh, how coincidental...215 was Joe's blood sugar this morning at about the same time I got up with him - 2:15 a.m. He said his back/rib was hurting him so he got up and I did too so I could give him a pain pill, plug in the heating pad, fix a bed for him on the couch and finally go back to bed. About an hour later though, I was back up checking on him. Then about another hour later, when I checked on him, I discovered he'd moved to his big chair. Oh, I need sleep - badly!!!
Sometime before the 2:15 though Joe was up doing something. I didn't quite know what he was doing. He was in the bathroom and when I called to him, he said he was "trimming his moustache." That's when I jumped out of bed and wound up trying to fix his shaved moustach so it was suitable to be seen in public. He had mentioned something about having it trimmed after we were in bed for the first time - I told him I'd do it for him this morning. Once again, he couldn't wait...patience or waiting is something he no longer seems to exhibit.
Joe now weighs 212 lbs.
I've had to tell him twice today already that he DOES NOT have Kiwanis today. It's only on Tuesdays. He thinks and did think that it was Tuesday today.
He has an appointment with Dr. Fox this morning. Later...I gave Dr. Fox the list of all the things that have happened in the last week. No definitive help from her yet except for some sleeping medication and a future appointment with a neurologist. She at least realizes that there is definite changes in Joe. He went back in for more blood work today to determine if his blood platelets have changed.
He did great at therapy today except when it came to Kraig asking him what year it was and he finally announced that it was 1998 and he was serious about it.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment