Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday...My Day Of Rest?

It's now very early Sunday morning and I haven't gone to bed.  I've been enjoying the quiet and catching up on a "chick flick" while Joe is in bed snoring and asleep.

I made him stay awake for the remaining two hours before he went to sleep in hopes that he will actually sleep all night which means I might.

His blood sugar was in the 500+ range tonight.  I believe part of the reason is that he's been slipping sips of the juice I send with him to dialysis - the kind that is not sugar free.  I sometimes think he's trying to kill himself and I'm the one that will have to pick up all the pieces when he's done so.

I'm trying something different tonight and I've warned him about this one thing...I will be putting up the baby gates just past the bathroom to keep him from wandering into the kitchen and the living room.  This will allow him access to the bathroom and the office if he wants to watch TV or get a drink of water. 

I've also hidden the dog bowls so that he won't be able to find them until a respectable time in the morning.  Maybe the dogs will enjoy a good night sleep since they always come running to the back door when the kitchen light comes on.

So, I'm off to bed for hopefully some good rest for me and a peaceful rejuvenating sleep for Joe.

No comments: