Joe was up and down all night again. He went to bed about 10:00 p.m with his meds and insulin given. The Lunesta is not working! I put his bi-pap on, but that didn't stay on long. One time when he got up he even got lost in the bedroom again one time last night. When he gets lost in the bedroom, I've found him standing in the closest facing the wall, or he keeps bumping into the dressers like some childs toy or he's trying to find his way out of the room and can't find the door. I had put the baby gates up in the hall once again, but they had to come down because he got extremely upset that he couldn't get into the living room.
He's now gotten to the point that he wears Depends all the time. The bad part is that he's having problems getting to the bathroom quick enough and so he goes through 4-5 every night. Part of me is wondering if he's just using the Depends as a way of not going to the bathroom?
When I got up at 7:00 a.m., he'd already fed the dogs. What time I wonder?
I had laid out his clothes as usual this morning and he managed to dress himself until he came to be about his belt. He said he couldn't fasten it. The reason...he has started putting his belt in the first loop over his right hip. Therefore, by the time he got back around to it, the belt would have to have been fastened over his right hip. I had to take the belt out and start looping it the right way.
Dialysis was a bad session today. When I went to pick him up he was sitting in a wheelchair in the lobby. He said he was strong enough to walk to the car. He did, but only by hanging on very tightly to me and almost falling a couple of times. It was the same way when we got home. It took several minutes to get him from the car into the house. I left him in his chair when I returned to work hoping he would stay there and stay out of trouble.
It's now 10:15 and he's in bed for the second time this evening since 8:00.
Monday, September 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment