Do I know what Joe told her? Nope, simply because she didn't/won't/couldn't/can't tell me what he says to her. How is it she can't tell me what he says, but she can come talk to me about us? She did say, however, that Joe mentioned that an appointment is being set up for counseling. She thinks that's a good idea for BOTH of us to go. She doesn't know that it's only ONE of us going - at least for the time being.
I'm sure she means well, but to me it's only stirring the pot when she talks to Joe. After all, this is a man who loses touch with reality many times. If she can come asking me questions about us, why can't we have a discussion about Joe so that my side of the story, probably the true side of the story, can be heard?
I have two words for her...BUTT OUT! If I can't be a part of the other side of the conversation, please don't come fishing in my pond.
-----------------------------------
1/26/2012 - Additional questions as to motive of social worker after thinking on this a couple of days.
- Is she trying to be a marriage counselor for us? If she is, she still needs to butt out. It's almost like she's causing more problems asking Joe how it's going between the two of us.
- Is she trying to can information from me so that she can make a determination on something? Is she thinking that Joe might still be suicidal in some way and she's gathering info?
- Is she trying to get my side of the story and see if it matches up with Joe's?
- Does she truly realize Joe's mental capacity? I'd love to ask her this..."If you were involved in an accident and Joe was the only witness that stood between you and the truth, would you want him to be your witness"?
No comments:
Post a Comment