Near the end of last year, one of the staff members at the Senior Center gave me a couple of books to read. She felt that they might help me cope with everything going on with Joe. I laid the books on the ottoman in front of the couch and that's where they laid for many, many days. One day I finally got around to opening up one of them and read the page for that date and started bawling like a baby. I read...
"I hesitate to go to a regular gathering for prayer or worship even though the music and messages soothe my soul. It's comforting to be there, but I can't stay. In this safe and tender place, tremendous sadness, too long restrained, breaks loose. I can't hold back the tears. I slip out to my car and can barely see through the wetness to get home.
It's too much for me to stay and try to explain to everyone how tired I am, how much it hurts, how out of control everything seems. But I know it's good for me to go there from time to time. Even when I can't stay, I am cradled for a while by the sacred sounds and sights and silences. I feel the understanding, the hope, the eternal caring. The tears find release there and the grief pours out."
Some really does understand what I experience on a regular basis. Thank you.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment