that you've got things under control, you are reminded that things are never going to be the same. Case in point - I get up earlier than necessary in the mornings just to make sure that everything Joe might require for the day is found and gathered for him. Then I attempt to get showered and dressed with as little interruptions as possible so that I can try to be cool, calm and collected each morning. This is usually after spending a night of constant wakeups by Joe getting in and out of the bed, like last night.
This morning when I was almost ready, I told Joe that he could put on his jacket. When I was completing the last of my preparations, I called to let him know he could go on and get into the car and I would be there shortly. I told me he couldn't as he still didn't have his jacket on and needed help putting it on. I told him I'd help as soon as I could finish getting ready. A few seconds later that's when I saw him walking down the sidewalk to the car - one jacket sleeve dangling down is backside. I got out to the car, went to help him put his arm in the sleeve, discovered it wasn't even his jacket, took it off, told him to get out of the car while I went to get his jacket and start all over again.
It's times like this when I realize that things will never be the same as they were - that simple things as putting on a jacket is no longer simple.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment