With Joe's eyesight and thinking skills, I have had now had to place his shampoo in a distinctive, small spot so that he knows it's his shampoo and not mistakenly use my creme rinse for shampoo. I've resorted to purchasing red bottled shampoo and creme rinse so he can get it into his mind that red = stop - don't use. And, my bottles are placed in a different location that being right next to his.
Foods that I don't want him to use/get into are placed on the second shelf of the refrigerator. I'm trying to have him acclimated to a "hands-off" policy on this foods by putting them away from the other items he can utilize. Does it work? Most of the time, especially since I recently purchase two large plastic containers that fit on the shelf together. I can now place items into those and they become "invisible".
And, another use for duct tape? I use a large piece of white duct tape to keep the freezer door on the refrigerator closed. I then place various magnets in strategic places so that I can tell whether Joe has been in the freezer or not. Why? It keeps him from eating things he shouldn't and from making a mess looking for something when he grazes at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment